@ the La Pryor Cemetery for the installation of the memorial stone
My journey began on Saturday, February 4th, as I boarded the plane in El Paso. Daughter #2, the nurse in the family, was transitioning mom's care to me (#3 works full time in the area). I quickly realized that the beauty of living 10 hours from my parent's house is that I could package my grief and put in on a shelf and pull it out when it was convenient to grieve...a pattern that I've honed for 51 years.
Now in this home, grief stares at me like the portrait in the haunted mansion. No matter where I position myself grief follows me. I have been blessed with beautiful the memories of my dad and my parents love affair. The profound emptiness of his absence takes my breath away.
Over the past 3 weeks, I find my soul singing, "Mom, Come Back To Me!" I am Carolyn and this is my caregiver's journeyblog into my mom's advancing alzheimer's progression.
No comments:
Post a Comment